Friday, July 19, 2013

Randomizer is NOW Open Source!!

In my previous post My Two Android Apps, I have mentioned about my Randomizer Android application that I released on the Google Play Store. I am here to say that I have released the source code for this application on open source and it can be checked out on my Github (randomizer-random-generator).

My two main reasons for putting up on open source are: low number of device installs and low monetary income from advertisements. After doing some search on the Play Store related to random generators, there are many applications out there that people can download where some are good, while some are bad. Due to all this competition I would either have to improve Randomizer both in the user-interface (UI) design and the speed of how the application runs (meaning lag). Because of how much I was lagging behind in the UI design and the speed of the app, when compared to the best random generator app out there, it would require me to do a major overhaul of the application and this was not an option for me. Instead, I have made many improvements I possibly can do and as of last week I have just decided to put it up on open source instead. Since, there weren't many people downloading Randomizer, this resulted in low monetary income from Admob. While I was preparing my source code to be placed up for open source, I have also decided to remove all advertisements and release an update. This has been done and should be published on Play Store right now!

Anyway feel free to look through my code!
Enjoy! =D

Randomizer Source Code HERE!!
Randomizer on Play Store HERE!!